Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Shades of Fall


I started knitting the middle sweater, a 4T merino/cashmere blend, during our summer vacation.  I just loved the subtle variations of this yarn, with its greys, taupe and off white.  It's called Whiskers, from Madelinetosh and is just a dream to knit with.  I liked it so much, that upon my return from vacation, I ordered the same colorway in a lace weight to make the infant sweater in the foreground.  Given that these yarns are hand-painted, you never quite get the same look.  Different types of yarn take the dyes differently.  The infant sweater is 100% merino wool and done in a sweet lace pattern.  The sweater on the left, knit in Madelinetosh Candlewick, is one of my favorite.  It's brighter than a wheat color and golden, but not too much.  It really goes well with khakis, jeans, greys and I really love it with navy.  These are such great staples to add to any kid's wardrobe for the fall.  I love the simplicity of the look!  You'll be able to find them on my website here:  https://www.barbswederbarrington.com/c-26-sweaters.aspx

Here's another look at the little boy's sweater:



No comments:

Post a Comment