Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blue-Stripe Intarsia Sweater



When I start working on a new sweater, I usually have a pretty good idea of how I want it to look, sizing, etc.  More often than not though, I usually change something, somewhere along the way.  I don't like to start over, rip out stitches, etc.  So, if I'm not completely happy with my project, I usually tweak it, add something, change or add stitch variations.  I spent a lot of time working on this sweater, with the added work of its intarsia flowers.  Because the colors I used were more soft and muted, I felt that the flowers didn't "pop" enough.  So, I added beads and sequins.  I think it gives it more definition, more "pop", and makes it a special sweater for that special little girl.  What do you think?  This sweater was knit with Madelinetosh merino lace yarn--super soft!

Close-up of beaded flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment